|"Even the afterlife has a toll"|
Ferryman's Toll is a passive collectible added in Revelations Chapter 2.
- Drops two random coins.
- Upon death, if the player has 33 coins, he will be revived and placed at the beginning of the floor by Charon.
- When being revived, the price of the next revival is raised by 33 coins, with the maximum price being 99 coins for the third revival.
- The player can only be revived three times.
- Keeper receives revives at 25 coins, 50 coins, 75 coins, and 99 coins.
- Dante keeps the coins after each revival, but the cost still raises.
- This item is a reference to Charon's character in mythology,. He is the ferryman of the dead, requiring payment to bring lost souls across the rivers Styx.